All procedures in this document are subject to change without notice. Due to the everchanging requirements/ recommendations by the CDC, State, Local and Federal agencies we will continually update and make necessary changes to ensure the health and safety of our students, families, and team member. We will make these available to you online.
As Early Educators providing education for more than 26 years we have always had the health and safety of our students in the forefront of our minds.
We have successfully managed this over the years by doing the following procedures that we will continue to implement:
- All garbage cans will have lids
- Washing hands for 20 seconds- teaching proper hand washing technique
- No backpack policy to limit outside contaminants entering the facility
- Team members wearing gloves to serve any food item
- Wearing gloves during diapering and toileting of children
- Changing gloves and washing hands between diapering/ toileting each child
- Washing the child’s hands and sanitizing the changing table and toilet after each use
- When cleaning tables/ surfaces first, we wash with warm, soapy water then disinfect with a DCF Licensing approved disinfectant
In addition to the above protocols that have always been in place we will also be implementing the following:
Drop Off Procedures:
- All families will complete a health screening daily provided on the Brightwheel App
- We ask parent/guardian or other person dropping off or picking up to wear a mask
- No one other than Academy team members and staff and students will be allowed in the building during school hours at this time (unless previously approved), if you are not using the car line please ring the bell and one of our team members will meet you to conduct the proper health check protocols.
- We will take your child’s thermal temperature upon arrival. No child with a temp over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will be admitted into the facility
- We will utilize our Brightwheel App for signing in and out reducing the need for multiple people to touch the tablet screen
- While escorting your child to class, we will have him/ her wash hands prior to entering the classroom
- We will assist your child in removing their “outside” shoes (see parent handbook for more detail) and putting on their “classroom” shoes before entering the classroom.
Team Member Procedures:
- All Academy team members and staff will complete a proper health screening daily including a temperature check
- All Academy team members will be required to complete training on CDC’s guidance for cleaning and disinfecting public spaces, workplaces and schools
- All Academy team members are required to complete the DCF Trauma Informed Care training, helping us be prepared to provide support and care to our students that have been through a traumatic situation during the pandemic.
- We will have a designated person to clean and disinfect between activities. For example, when a class goes to the playground they will disinfect/ sanitize the classroom and when the class returns to the classroom they will disinfect/ sanitize the playground before the next class enters the playground. This will be done for every class.
- We will have a 1 time use bucket outside each class that teacher will utilize for any toys that are put in a child’s mouth or otherwise compromised and need to be removed immediately. Our designated person will pick this these toys up from the hallway throughout the day and disinfect and sanitize them before returning them to the class.
- Any child or team member showing signs of illness will be required to stay home/ go home until all signs of illness are gone. We are not physicians and therefore unable to diagnose illnesses, so to ere on the side of caution we will be diligent in not allowing persons in our] facility showing signs of illness including the following:
- Fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Dry cough
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Currently early drop off will be staggered due to the nature of children being dropped off at different times, at our 9:00 start time we will be utilizing a car line for drop off to reduce interactions/ contact between people. More details on the car line procedure will be available closer to school starting
- Since we are a new building we have a brand new HVAC system that is not shared with any other building/ facility allowing for premium air flow and circulation
- Teachers will be highly encouraged to wear a mask during the day
- Children will not be asked to wear masks
- There will only be one class allowed on the playground at a time and the playground will be disinfected and sanitized between uses
Meal Preparation and Delivery:
- All snacks will be individually portioned
- All team members and staff will wear gloves to distribute any food
- Children will remain in their classrooms for meals
- No more than 2 team members will be allowed in the kitchen at one time
For more information about COVID-19, visit www.cdc.gov